Exams 2018: 97% pass rate + 49% achieving grades A*-B

Results day 2018 was a day of celebration. Two years of hard work and determination paid off with our students achieving an improved Advanced Level pass rate of more than 97% with an impressive proportion of high grades at 49%. As well as this, 24 of our courses achieved a pass rate of 100%.

Syzmon

We were particularly proud of Szymon Palkowski, age 18, a student at Longley Park Sixth Form College has achieved an A* grade in A Level Government and Politics, A grades in A Level History, Polish and the Extended Project Qualification and a Distinction* in BTEC Applied Law. Szymon moved from Poland to Sheffield just three years ago and is excited to be going to the University of Sheffield in September to study Law.

He said: “I was stressed and worried this morning, but my results are amazing. I’m so happy. I’m going to take a nap now and then celebrate.”

Ocean Murray, age 18 also a student at Longley Park achieved an A in Photography, A in 3D Design and a B in Fine Art. She is going to study her foundation year at Chesterfield College before she goes to Northumbria University to study fashion design and marketing.

Ocean said: “I’ve been through all the emotions this morning, excited, nervous, worried, but I can’t wait to be starting my foundation year knowing that I have got a place at university for next year.”

Donald, our Vice Principal for Student Engagement commented that ‘over 85% of students will go to university this year As always, we are pleased to see our students achieving their goals and progressing to the next stage in their lives.’’.