Longley Park Sixth Form College aims to make our website accessible and usable for people of all abilities and disabilities, including those with visual, hearing, motor impairments and older audiences, and those with visual, hearing, cognitive or motor impairments.
Our users can get the most accessible experience from this website by:
- Viewing the website on a range of different screen sizes
- Changing the size of text by changing the settings in their browser
- Viewing the A-Z list of courses as opposed to using the course search tool
- Using accessibility keys to navigate content as opposed to the content structure
- Changing the settings on their computer using other methods detailed on the My Web My Way website.
Improvements will me made continually to meet the W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines. Our website has been designed with the following accessibility guidelines in mind:
- Our pages are designed so that they can be viewed at a screen resolution of 800 x 600 pixels.
- Page structure is conveyed using header elements.
- A stylesheet is used on our website and relative font sizes on all text with the exception of graphical text.
- Text can be increased or decreased in size by using the “view” option in your browser.
- Images that convey important information have alternative text. Where an image is used for a decorative purpose the alternative text will be left blank.
- No information is exclusively conveyed using colour.
Increasing text size
Some users might find screen text easier to read by increasing the size at which text is displayed. To do this you should adjust your browser’s settings.
- If you use Microsoft Internet Explorer, go to the view menu, select Text Size and then either Larger or Largest.
- If you use Mozilla, go to the View menu, select Text Size and select Increase as many times as you wish.
- If you use Opera, go to the View menu, select Zoom and select one of the options over 100%.
- If you use Netscape Navigator, go to the View menu and choose Increase Font until the text is the size you require.
Or you can choose our four different preset sizes:
Normal > Medium > Large > X-Large
Changing the site’s background colour can be particularly useful for users who rely on magnification technology as white can produce an uncomfortable glare. It is also possible to change the colour of body text on the site. Both can be achieved by changing preferences in your browser:
- If you use Microsoft Internet Explorer, go to the Tools menu, select Internet Options, select Colours and make changes to text and background colours in the Colours panel.
- If you use Mozilla, go to Tools, select Options and General. From here you will be able to change colours and other settings.
- If you use Opera, go to File, select Preferences and Fonts. Double click on the text you want to edit the colour of. To edit the background colour, go to File, then Preferences and select Page style. You can edit the background colour and other settings from here
- If you use Netscape Navigator, go to the Edit menu, select Preferences, open the Appearance menu and select Colours. You can set the colour of text and background from here.