At Longley Park Sixth Form College we are committed to inclusion and equality of opportunity. It is our intention to enable all students to realise their potential. We understand that some students may require extra support because of a learning difficulty or disability. At Longley Park Sixth Form College We have an experienced and dedicated learning support team that aims to provide students with an individualised package of support. The team will work with you to identify your individual strengths and difficulties and will provide you with the appropriate support to help you achieve your goals and meet the demands of your chosen course.
There are a range of support options available to students, including:
- 1-1 support sessions- An individual support session that involves working on your areas of difficulty and enabling you to complete work to the best of your ability. 1-1 sessions usually take place once a week in the learning development centre with one of the skilled and friendly members of the learning development team.
- In Class Support- This support is put in place for students that may need additional assistance in their taught sessions. It aims to support students to understand the lesson content, follow instructions and carry out activities. The support workers in lessons can also assist with note taking and practical activities, should that support be required.
- Small Group Workshops- These are offered to small groups of students that have similar needs and are working towards the same or similar goals. These workshops support students through group participation and discussion, as well as individualised tutoring.
- Drop In Sessions- This support is open to students to access on a flexible basis. Drop in features a member of support staff that is always on hand to provide assistance to students completing work.
- Resources- Students can also be supported through the use of various technologies- This includes text to speech software, dictation software, mind mapping programmes and Dictaphones. Students can also access laptops for word processing, headphones and PCs. Specialist Dyslexia items are also available including reading rulers and coloured overlays.
- Exams Support- The learning development team can also provide you with an Access Arrangements assessment, should you need extra support in exams. This can result in use of a reader, extra time, scribe or oral language modifier in your exams.
If you would like to know more about how the college can support you with your learning, please contact the Student Support Manager (Learning) on 0114 262 5762.
You can also find out more information on our offers page on the local authority website http://www.sheffielddirectory.org.uk/kb5/sheffield/fsd/organisation.page?id=g7jUFH91_e4