Longley Park Extra
At Longley Park we make sure that our students have the best possible chance of being successful when they make applications for employment, further training or higher education.
We understand that learning doesn’t just take place in the classroom, and that your time at College should include developing your skills, experience and confidence.
Longley Park Extra is a scheme designed to make sure that you stretch your potential by taking part in positive experiences to include in your CV. You will work with your Progress Tutor to identify what you want to do to make sure that you can impress an employer or university when the time comes to make an application. You will set personal targets and make sure that you have the evidence to make you stand out from the crowd.
There are lots of opportunities to get involved in events and activities around College. There are activities linked to subjects and courses such as visits abroad and in the UK, guest speakers and special projects to help you get extra experience. We also have College-wide events when everyone gets involved. You can also choose to sign up to extra activities through our enrichment programme.
- Work shadowing opportunities in and out of College
- Help and support applying for part-time work
- Organising charity and community events
- Mock interviews
- Developing communication skills through presentations and formal debates
- Trips and visits
- Acting as a student ambassador
- Volunteering opportunities
- Acting as a mentor for younger students
- Setting up a BiG Challenge team to promote your own business
- Learning skills for independent living like personal finance and cooking
Over the past year students at Longley Park Sixth Form College have been involved in:
- Team Sports
- Duke of Edinburgh’s Awards
- Coaching Awards
- Tall Ships sailing expedition to France
- Video projects
- Business trips to Paris and Madrid
- Study conferences
- Music, Dance and Drama performances
- Creative Week showcasing Art, Design, Photography, Textiles, Performing Arts and Media
- Dance Week
- Media and Film Studies trip to New York
- German Exchange
- Black History Month Celebrations
- Longley Park’s Got Talent