It is possible that before you are able to attend College you will need help in addressing some concerns you may have such as finance, travel, accommodation or childcare issues. Student Services can inform you about the range of financial support available and will help you to apply for it.
• Courses at Longley Park Sixth Form College are free to all students.
• Any textbooks which are essential to your courses will be provided on loan while you are at College.
• Specialist equipment such as video cameras, digital cameras and IT will be provided for use in College.
• All full-time students who are under 18 can apply for a 16-18 Student Travel bus pass. This means that you can travel throughout South Yorkshire at a reduced fare on buses and trains and half fare on Northern Rail trains.
• If you are in full-time education your parents can continue to claim Child Benefit Allowance up to your eighteenth birthday. This is worth up to £1,055 per year.
• Students who need additional financial support can applythrough the College’s Bursary Scheme.
• Support could include cash payments and/or support towards the cost of starting or following your course, including:
– Books and equipment
– Extras, like visits, field trips and placements
– Emergencies affecting your living or learning arrangements
– Help with your living, learning or personal circumstances
As this fund is limited, help is targeted at students in greatest need.
• The College also offers the Further Education Free Meals Scheme.
For more information contact Student Services.