Taking the step into Post 16 study is a big one and we know how important it is that you make the right choice. Here at Longley Park Sixth Form, we have a team of experts on hand to give you the most up to date advice and guidance to help you make an informed decision about your next steps.
There are 5 easy steps to becoming a student at the Sixth Form
- Attend one of our open events. Here you can explore our facilities, hear from our Principal and speak to subject teachers and our Student Ambassadors. These events usually take place in October, November and February. Find out more about our Open Events here.
- Apply online using our online application system, or through Sheffield Progress.
- Attend an interview. Here you will discuss your career aims, course choices and predicted grades. Hopefully you will receive a conditional offer to study at the Sixth Form. From this point, we will send out your offer letter in the post and an invite to enrol.
- Attend our transition day, Next Step. This usually takes place in in July. On this day, you can get a taste for what life is like as Sixth Form student. This includes sampling lessons in the subjects you have chosen, taking part in enrichment activities and getting to know staff and students.
- Enrolment Day. Here you will bring your qualifications with you to sign up to be an office student at Longley Park Sixth Form. You will leave with your ID badge and an invite to your first induction sessions where you will receive your timetable.
What happens if the Sixth Form is oversubscribed?
Where a place is not offered due to oversubscription, either on the course or Sixth Form level students will be placed onto a waiting list. When a place becomes available, if more than one student fits the profile of the spaces available, the place will be offered on the following priority basis:
- Priority 1 Students studying within Brigantia Learning Trust, namely Yewlands Academy and Hinde House Academy
- Priority 2 Students studying within our partner Schools, namely Firth Park Academy, Fir Vale Academy, Parkwood Academy and Chaucer School
- Priority 3 All other applications will be enrolled on a first come first served basis after prioritisation has been given to those students outlined above. ‘First come first served’ means that the order in which students completed the application and enrolment process determines the order of priority in processing the application.
We welcome applications from all students, whether you live locally, attend one of our partner Academies or a further afield. To find out more, call us on 0114 262 5757 and we will tell you more about the application process.
To view our admissions policy, click here